Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm addicted to words... and they're useless..

So here goes nothing, lately I've been doing a lot of thinking and decided that I would take the advice of some of the people closest to me. I've been told by a few people that I should start a blog and that my story is unique, interesting and needs to be told.Not sure if anyone will actually read these words that flow through my mind and spill out like water upon these "pages" but then I suppose this is more of an outlet for me and if people find it entertaining/ educational then thats just Asp-tastic! lol
Now where should I start I guess with a little about myself. I have had glaucoma since the age of 7 and have had to go through 13 surgeries so far, 8 or so of these surgeries have been on my eyes to help lower the pressure. Even with all of those sugeries my left eye has continued to be stubborn and around october 2010 it became legally blind. The best way I can describe what this is like to others is that when I close my right eye it looks like the room has filled with very thick dark smoke.
At the moment I am self diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome since around March 2011 because of research by my amazing and loving mother. We are still looking into what is involved with getting an official diagnosis which can be harder in adults but from all the research we've done this explains so many things that I have dealt with throughout my life. I've always had a hard time in social situations not quite knowing what to say or do and the larger the crowd the more anxious I get. A big part of it is worrying that I will read a situation or social cue wrong so I tend to try not to talk. I also worry too much about what other people think and can get 'overloaded' by too many people talking, some types of lighting, some sounds can seem extremely loud to me and not to others around me, my mom has told me a few times that my thinking is extremely literal, My friend Alice- Norah has told me that I am the only person that she know who can not stand mint, and certain smells like cloves tend to make me sneeze a lot.
Throughout my life I have had many different areas of specific interest that I sometimes focus on far too much. At the moment my big fixations include the tv show the big bang theory or more specifically the character Sheldon and how he seems to be the only character on tv that they have been able to go almost 5 seasons so far without mentioning that he most likely has Aspergers. I have been interested in guinea pigs for as long as I can remember and bought two (Gizmo and Gidget) the day after thanskgiving. Hello Kitty has become one recently since build a bear workshop has been coming out with cute new ones recently. Other passing fixations through the years have been power rangers (when I was little), biographies/ autobiographies, and bands (such as my chemical romance, motion city soundtrack and panic! at the disco) to name a few.
Now my brain is spinning wondering if I have written too much for my first blog entry or not enough. Seems like Gidget likes it as she starting purring a minute ago although thats probably just cause she's happy that gizmo is not chewing on her ears right now for hogging the food lol. I'm going to end this entry here and fight the urge my brain has to apologize because I've realized recently that as long as I'm not hurting anyone why should I have to apologize for my actions because as a famous quote that many people love to use says "the people who matter wont care and those that care dont matter" or something along those lines. I guess all I'm just trying to do is spread a little bit of blurry clarity on my beautifuly, crazy, Asp-tastic life so fasten your seatbelts and hold on this might get a little weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment