Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. -Marc Brown"


Today's blog is for my amazing, strong and wonderful brother who even though I have times he gets on my nerves has always been a superhero in my eyes. As we were growing up I looked up to him to see what the right and wrong things to do in life were. In my mind he was and is still one of the best guys in the world. Our relationship has had lots of ups and downs but I know that if a time comes I need him there he will always be there as I will for him.
He is full of strenght, compassion and love wrapped up in a tough looking tattoo covered exterior. There are people who would think he is not a good guy just because of all his tattoos but they don't take the time to look beneath. They have never seen the side of him my family gets to see. The gentle 'Big Cheese' tucking his little munchkin in at bedtime or giving her hugs and kisses when she gets hurt. They have never seen his protective side when someone has teased or tried to hurt his little girl. 
How he tried to protect from some of my exes that he got the sense were not good guys when I couldn't yet tell that. He has made some mistakes in his life like everyone but the difference is that he has grown from these mistakes and is a better man for them.
We don't tell each other as often as we should but I hope that he knows that I love him. I grew up wanting to be just like my brother which at times had to look pretty histerical. Like when I wanted to wear JNCO jeans just like him, and I do mean just like him. If I remember correctly I wore them to middle school one day and looking back I'm sure it looked like I could have fit a whole other person in that same pair of pants. I went through so many trends with him from vans to chuck taylor to skateboard shirts to those humongous pants. 
One story that comes up a lot from our childhoods is how my brother tried to get me to eat a brownie that he had put mustard on. My nother had caught him trying to get me to eat the brownie and ended up making him eat it instead. When he went off to high school I learned from watching him things that I should not do. I learned that skipping class would just make my parents and the school mad at me. That smoking cigarettes is not something that I ever wanted to do and my brother told me that even though he did he never wanted me to. Yes when I was younger my brother may have teased me some like most big brothers will do. But I feel like there is no better way to say how much I love my brother then the following quote I found:







No comments:

Post a Comment