Thursday, December 8, 2011

"It is better to travel hopefully then to arrive disenchanted"- Japanese Proverb


I've chosen to the title for this blog because when it made me smile and I feel like it is a quote that will help me with something that has gotten very depressed over the years. I will admit that in the past I have given up hope and felt a level of disenchantment on whether love was something that I would/ will ever have in my life. It is very easy on a bad day to feel as if everyone else will find love and that I am not going to. Those are the days that it really helps to hold something furry like my guinea pigs and my newest tattoo has helped me a lot.
I hope to find someone who loves me like my father loves my mother. Their marriage is full of love, compassion, trust, courage, and strength. They have had there ups and downs as every couple has but the strength of their relationship has been proven by how they work together to make it through everything.
My parents have supported, loved, guided, and protected through so much. My mother is my rock to stand on and a soft place to fall. She loves me no matter what and I can never repay her for all the hours she has spent with me helping recover from surgeries. My father is a source of love, strength, and shows me through how he treats my mother what a great guy really is. Not to mention he gives some of the best hugs on the planet and I will always be his little punkin no matter how old I am. 
My parents give me hope that someday I will fall in love with a wonderful guy who may not be perfect in everything he does but he will perfect to me and for me.
Like everyone else it all boils down to that I wish I had someone in my life to love. For now I am just so very thankful that I have such a loving, caring, supportive and wonderful family and friends. Without them I do not know what i would do I just know that my life would never be the same. 
Also guinea pig kisses and purrs are some of the best things in the world, you should all try them sometime :).
The tattoos my mom (on the right) and me got in August the blue star is to represent me it shows how on the outside I am like everyone else (the pink stars) but on the inside I am different.


No comments:

Post a Comment