Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Thursday thoughts

So it's Thursday again and that means its time for another installment of Thursday thoughts. Hope you guys are enjoying these and that they aren't boring.
- First off I have to mention the tragedy that happened this week at the Boston marathon. This is such a sad event that has occurred and my prayers go out to all those effected by the explosions. I just can't wrap my head around how anyone could do something so awful.

- Wet paint ahead- as in finally picked paint for my room revamps and the painting has commenced. So excited to have the painting done soon since it means my rooms are one step closer to being complete.

- Birthdays- This coming Wednesday is my brothers 30th birthday and luckily I already have a great birthday present for him. My nieces birthday is soon after that on May 5th and I still haven't figured out what to get her. It will most likely be something monster high since she loves those dolls. I also just put in an order last night for what will end up being either my boyfriend John or my friend Elijah's birthday present but I'm going to have to decide who once I receive it in the mail.

- Swim for your life- I just have to bring up how proud I am of my mom that she signed up for swimming lessons. She has been afraid of the water and swimming for her entire life and one of the things on her bucket list is to learn to swim. I've been going with her to the lessons the past two weeks and I am just so proud of the amazing progress she has made. Also now she's looking forward to going to Hawaii in the fall even more since she'll be able to cross snorkeling off her bucket list as well!

- Turn up the volume- I tried one of my two volumizing powder samples this week. Big sexy hair powder play which I received in my April ipsy bag. It gave me amazing volume but I don't know if I'm crazy about the texture of that powder. It seemed slightly sticky to me which I was not expecting from a powder. I still have to try Got2b powder'ful so we will see what kind of results I get from that.

- Autism awareness month- recently I found out that aspergers syndrome will be removed from the diagnostic manual and that it will be instead referred to as an all encompassing term of Autism Spectrum Disorder followed by the severity and how much assistance they need. I am slightly glad to be rid of that awkward name it used to have since it was the 'butt' of many jokes. These changes won't take effect till may but I think individuals with aspergers will still refer to themselves as aspie. On a side note I can't believe how fast it feels August is coming which means autreat is fast approaching. I'm getting more excited to be able to spend a week around a bunch of other people on the spectrum and getting to see my friend Elijah in person for a whole week!
Live. Love. Stay Asp-tastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment